Thank you for purchasing My Mold Detective®.
For best results, please read and follow instructions carefully.
Step 1: Take Air Samples
Outdoor Air Sample:
- On one cassette, mark the box labeled “Outdoor Sample”. (This will be your required control sample.)
- Ensure you have a power outlet to plug into. You may need an extension cord.
- Take sample when it’s not raining or snowing, in an open area 10 ft. away from the structure and overhangs, 3 to 5 ft. off the ground. (Use a chair to set the pump on.)
- Push the green button to start the sample, a red light will illuminate during the testing process. The pump will shut off automatically after the 5-minute air sample is complete.
Take digital photos of your sampling locations in
action. Upload your photos to your online report
during the registration process. This will provide
a more customized and documented report.
- Remove the tape flap on the top and bottom of the air cassette. (Save flaps for resealing cassettes.)
- Open the pump lid. (This will remain open during testing.)
- Insert cassette onto the air sample inlet tray and secure firmly in place.
- Reseal top and bottom of air cassette with tape flaps after air sampling is complete.
Indoor Air Sample:
- Mark the remaining air cassette(s) with the room name. All indoor sample(s) should be taken in the middle of the room, 3 to 5 ft. off the ground.
- Repeat steps (b) through Id) outlined in Outdoor Air Sample section.
Note: Air Cassette limited to one use.Do not reuse cassettes.
Take indoor air samples within 15 minutes of the outdoor air sample.
Step 2: Take Surface Samples
- Write the surface location name on the tape label.
- If present: use the serial number on the back of the tape lift when registering your sample online.
- Peel off the translucent cover slip to expose the tape’s tacky surface.
- Firmly press the tape onto the suspect surface.
- Close the tape onto the white backing and place into the small envelope provided.
- One tape lift per small envelope provided.
Step 4: Mail Samples
- Shipping label will be emailed once payment is made. Print label and attach to package.
- Insert air samples and surface samples into one mailing envelope and mail to the lab. Lab analysis results will be available within 3 business days beginning the day receives the samples.
- Sending more than one envelope or package may cause samples to arrive at lab separately and cause possible delays with analysis.